Tuesday, February 21, 2012

cowgirls day out

Today was a special day in cowgirl history.



I got to meet Cathy, Maddie and Nell in Tucson, AZ.
I have been friends with Cathy on ravelry but we have never met
UNTIL
Doreen was nice enough to drive me two hours south from her house in Awatukee for this cowgirl adventure.


We had an amazing day filled with hugs, smiles, lunch, yarnie goodness and lots of laughter.  Cathy gifted me this adorable squishy soft scarf, some beautiful raw silk yarn, a Cowgirl Cookbook, a painted card of her horse Nell,
 all tucked into a sweet goodie bag.  It was awesome.


We got to meet the infamous Maddie, 
Who joyfully danced for us in her hand knit tutu. 
She is as sweet as she looks...


I gave Cathy my Peacocks Journey shawl
Which I know will always remind her of the Brooklyn cowgirl
who journeyed all the way to that little farm
to meet her real cowgirl hero.


The end.








No comments: